The clock is ticking and there is still SO much to do: Closing those final deals, collections and book balancing, check-ups and checking-in, all on top of the regular workload. Add in the “work” of holiday fun: “I’ve got to get out those cards!”, “I still haven’t found that perfect gift for my boss.”, “Another party?!” and it doesn’t feel like a celebration at all. The last thing you want cramping your pride in the year’s successes is more stress. Follow these tips to wrap up 2017 with energy and excitement for 2018.
1) Plan ahead: Prioritize your most pressing needs and assign them each a deadline. Give the remaining weeks To-“Dos” and then break them down into To-“Days”.
2) Use an actual calendar: The calendar adds a tangible element to motivate us. And we all love physically checking off a list!
3) Delegate: Take advantage of a support system and ask for help. A personal shopper with a budget can take care of the list of gifts for co-workers and your doorman.
4) Work smart, not hard: A holiday card doesn’t have to mean Christmas or Hanukkah. Send out Thanksgiving cards to check it off your list. Send out New Year’s cards to give you time. Consider an e-Card for clients and business contacts.
5) Look back at 2017 and give yourself a high-five: You accomplished so much this year!