Looking for an experienced HR Manager. This is a newly created position for a mid-sized law firm. This position has competent assistants and is considered a growth opportunity.
The HR Manager should have an extensive background in law firm personnel and human resource management and will be responsible for overall attorney and non-attorney personnel management. This is an innovative firm which has adapted to today’s culture and is operating with its eye towards the future. This firm has a rich history and it known for performing excellent legal services. This is an opportunity that offers true work-life balance and in turn provides people with truly rewarding experiences, which is why it is a firm with little turnover. The HR Manager position offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please call 800-875-3820 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Determining non-attorney staff needs in coordination with the executive committee, practice group leaders, and supervising attorneys, as appropriate.
- Interviewing and screening applicants for non-attorney positions.
- Supervising the training of non-attorney personnel.
- Evaluating non-attorney personnel, including consulting with the executive committee, practice group leaders and supervising attorneys.
- Conducting non-attorney personnel meetings.
- Maintaining personnel records for all employees.
- Coordinating vacation schedules of non-attorney personnel.
- Counseling non-attorney personnel who are not complying with Firm procedures and requirements and taking appropriate disciplinary action when necessary.
- Handling termination of employment of non-attorney employees after consultation with the executive committee and, where applicable, the supervising attorneys.
- Handling unemployment compensation hearings.
- Maintaining the non-attorney employment manual.
- Maintaining the attorney manual, containing policies and procedures applicable only to attorney personnel.
- Assisting the executive committee in associate attorney compensation and bonus evaluation process.
- Administering, evaluating, and recommending changes, as appropriate, to, the benefits offered by the Firm, including welfare and retirement benefits.
- Determining and recommending salary adjustments for non-attorney personnel.
- Responsible for managing and recording and tracking CLE credits, the number of hours each attorney has and needs.
- Guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire firm.