GLI is Looking for a Few Good Men/Women in Firm Management
GLI is working with an outstanding client in Roseland, New Jersey for 2 very important positions in Firm Management. Below are the job descriptions for the Managing Director and the Director of HR opportunities. Interested? Please send current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-875-3820 to schedule a call.
This Managing Director opportunity requires experience in Accounting and Finance, as well as Law Firm Administrative Experience.
The Managing Director responsibilities to include the following:
- Liaison to attorneys and all law firm staff.
- Oversee initiatives and objectives of all Directors including Accounting/Finance, HR/Marketing and IT.
- Must be hands on as to business applications and systems, IT and software programs, all marketing and HR functions as well as building maintenance issues. Must have demonstrated background for working with the directors in all these areas.
- Must have a general, broad exposure to all law firm functional areas.
- Be able to work with members of the firm’s executive committee and must be able to voice opinion but be flexible.
- Deal with budget and financial dealings, managing workforce, ensuring that material resources and infrastructure are adequate
- Perform and coordinate all operational functions required of a growth-oriented law firm.
- Responsible for managing the administrative operations of the firm including supervision all non-attorney personnel;
- Evaluate and Manage the firm’s operating and information systems; overseeing the firm’s finance functions;
- Assist in the marketing of the firm’s legal services and client development activities.
- Evaluate, Manage and Supervise the facilities of the firm
- Will report directly to the Firm’s Executive committee. Will meet and consult with Committee on a periodic basis.
This is a nice step-up for a person who is ready to assume these challenges – is part of a Succession Plan. The main object would be working to continue to build comradery. This is a rewarding experience to help the firm continue its growth and success.
Director of HR
Looking for an experienced Director of HR. This is a newly created position for a mid-sized law firm. This position has competent assistants and is considered a growth opportunity.
The Director of HR should have an extensive background in law firm personnel and human resource management and will be responsible for overall attorney and non-attorney personnel management for the following:
- Determining non-attorney staff needs in coordination with the executive committee, practice group leaders, and supervising attorneys, as appropriate.
- Interviewing and screening applicants for non-attorney positions.
- Supervising the training of non-attorney personnel.
- Evaluating non-attorney personnel, including consulting with the executive committee, practice group leaders and supervising attorneys.
- Coordinating vacation schedules of non-attorney personnel.
- Counseling non-attorney personnel who are not complying with Firm procedures and requirements and taking appropriate disciplinary action when necessary.
- Handling termination of employment of non-attorney employees after consultation with the executive committee and, where applicable, the supervising attorneys.
- Conducting non-attorney personnel meetings.
- Maintaining personnel records for all employees.
- Handling unemployment compensation hearings.
- Determining and recommending salary adjustments for non-attorney personnel.
- Maintaining the non-attorney employment manual.
- Maintaining the attorney manual, containing policies and procedures applicable only to attorney personnel.
- Assisting the executive committee in associate attorney compensation and bonus evaluation process.
- Administering, evaluating, and recommending changes, as appropriate, to, the benefits offered by the Firm, including welfare and retirement benefits.
- Responsible for managing and recording and tracking CLE credits, the number of hours each attorney has and needs.
- Guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire firm.